Working Virtually deals with the challenges facing those who have to work remotely from their colleagues using a range of technology to keep in touch. It covers all aspects of working in a virtual environment, from communicating effectively through to solving problems and building strong teams at a distance.
Eight units focus on:
- Understanding virtual communication
- Preparing for successful communication
- Working in virtual groups
- Working with technology
- Effective writing
- Building relationships
- Managing diversity
- Teams and leadership
Every unit provides comprehensive training in the skills needed to operate successfully in the world of international business: relevant language skills, communicative ability, people-management skills and intercultural competence. This training is delivered through extensive speaking and listening activities, professional input, skills practice, intercultural awareness-raising and case-study discussions.
In addition the book provides:
- an audio CD
- a learning diary
- a needs analysis
- a glossary of key terms
- tips for more effective language learning and how to improve performance at work
- the opportunity to develop a personal action plan
- full answer keys and scripts of all the recordings.