A richly-illustrated and fascinating source of information about everything that is important in British and American culture.
* The most up-to-date and comprehensive guide available on British and American culture, written for learners of English.
* Over 10,000 alphabetically arranged entries on British and American history, literature and the arts, people, places, institutions, sport, entertainment, and everyday life.
* 250 special notes and longer articles on topics such as humour, education, fashion, Hollywood, industry, and Shakespeare, with key vocabulary specific to each topic highlighted in bold type.
* Written using a restricted vocabulary for ease of understanding.
* Illustrated throughout with over 520 photographs and illustrations.
* 32 pages illustrated with colour photographs and maps.
* An invaluable resource for both students and teachers in the upper-secondary school and at university.
* The ideal companion to the best-selling Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.