Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 10th edition builds English vocabulary better than ever before and leads the way to more confident, successful communication in English.
The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is the world's bestselling advanced level dictionary for learners of English.
Now in its 10th edition, the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, or OALD, is your complete guide to learning English vocabulary with definitions that learners can understand, example sentences showing language in use, and the new Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ word lists providing core vocabulary that every student needs to learn.
OALD is more than a dictionary. Take your English skills to the next level with extra resources and practice including the online iSpeaker and iWriter, or practise words anytime, anywhere with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app.
- Over 60,000 words, 79,000 phrases, 89,000 meanings and 109,000 examples
- 1000+ NEW words and meanings (chatbot, fake news, microplastic, woke)
- NEW Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ keywords graded by CEFR level
- NEW OPAL™ (Oxford Phrasal Academic Lexicon) teaches academic keywords
- Visual Vocabulary Builder including NEW illustrations for topic vocabulary
- Oxford Speaking Tutor and iSpeaker prepare you for exams and presentations – UPDATED iSpeaker coming soon
- Oxford Writing Tutor and iWriter help you plan, write and review your written work – UPDATED iWriter coming soon
- Teaching resources including 50 NEW vocabulary worksheets and NEW and revised lesson plans available online