Heads Up is a practical student-based speaking course, devised to meet the overriding need in-work students have to become operational in spoken English as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Heads Up addresses the lack of time these one-to-one or group learners often have and the need for streamlined materials targeting their own needs in their own world of work.
The materials in Heads Up help students to successfully achieve speaking skills development by providing careful preparation leading up to personalised tasks, supported by consistent pronunciation practice and teacher feedback.
- units offer extensive speaking and listening practice, with carefully selected audio input and exploitation
- focus on pronunciation work, with attention to elision, stress and intonation
- each unit’s topic development is a springboard to the final Task in which students speak about their own work contexts
- each unit is self-contained, allowing students the flexibility of choosing the topics that interest them most and best fulfil their needs
- the course is suitable for normal class use and some guided self-study
- each level comprises of a Student’s Book accompanied by audio CD